Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Forgotten UCSF story

I had completely forgotten this funny (now...not then!) story that happened on that Monday before Thanksgiving. Mark mentioned it in our "Thank you" poem...the leaky ceiling. I had arrived back at UCSF for the switch after the weekend to see Mark and Tanner playing the XBOX. So Tanner's new spot was the chair Mark and I had been sleeping/living in and Mark had been sitting on Tanner's bed. So while Tanner was showing me how he played his game...I changed his pillowcases and switched his blankies for Mark to take home and wash. Mark was busy packing things to go home and when I was done, I sat on Tanner's bed (since he was busy "driving McQueen Cars on the XBOX game...go figure...more McQueen stuff...)and leaned back, threw up my arm and it landed on WET PILLOW. Now, at this point, I could have walked out of the bathroom with toilet paper on my shoe and out my pants and never noticed (or cared!) So I questioned myself if I had just brought and then put on a wet pillowcase. Hey, it happens, right? So while I'm questioning my sanity, a nurse comes in to do something "nursey" (I just can't remember...I'm trying to block it all out now! Seriously, I read back and cringe at some of the days we had...) And I'm telling her about the wet pillowcases when she looks up and SEES WATER DRIPPING FROM THE CEILING! We all started laughing because this would ONLY happen to Tanner. One more outrageous experience. We were kind of wondering about the room above us...leaking water? Uh oh! So as Mark headed home to beat traffic and pick up the kids from school, the maintance crew arrived. Apparently, there was a water pipe in the ceiling that had been leaking before and it was only fixed with a "bandaid". So Tanner and I headed to the playroom while it was being repaired...and 90 minutes later, the leak was fixed and we were getting word that we were getting released in 2 days. Only part of the Wieland Adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment