Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring break is over?

I LOVE having my kids home for any breaks from school. It might mean lots of arguments, taking trips to the park, NOT taking trips to the store (4 is way too many to referee and try to shop!) BUT we all get to sleep in, snuggle on the couch, and make lots of messes in the house! So on Monday, the kids started back to school and I started back babysitting 2 toddlers (plus Tanner...we're never bored!) and Mark was sick...Friday he'd had the stomach flu and by Monday he still couldn't get past the dizziness so he was in bed. I just wasn't ready for the kids to go back to school! Okay, maybe a half day so I could get some errands done, but that's it! Tuesday, I picked the kids up early from school for their dentist appointments...and because of their lunch-time schedules, I got them at 11, then took them to McDonalds and then on to our appointments. It was Courtney's first time...3 surface cavities and then Callahan's turn...1 filling needed repaired. But all in all, a good appointment.






By 4:00pm it was a whole different world. I wanted to go back to school! Tanner started complaining his stomach hurt. He threw up, drank water, and threw up some more. Loved seeing that McDonalds again. It'll be, like FOREVER, before we go back there again. By 7:00pm, Courtney had HER head in the toilet. And continued until midnight. Meanwhile, I'm fighting a stomachache, cleaning "just in case bowls" and switching out clean towels. By 10:00pm, I succumbed to the porcelain queen. At midnight, I was at it again. Picture, Me, Tanner, and Courtney layed out in my bed...we banished Mark to upstairs with the "healthy" kids. At 11:00pm, one of my toddler's families was texting me that the little one was throwing up too...and at 5:00 am the next morning...their "Papa" had it worse. Wednesday comes none too fast...and the little ones and myself napped all day while Mackenzie slept off a headache and Callahan was our "go-between" for water and crackers. By 2:00pm, Mackenzie join us in the "sickie room". Thursday was a recovery day...trying to gain a little strength, get a little "restful" sleep until Callahan woke me at 2:00am...the last of our family to get the stomach flu. Now today, Friday, has been the day to make sure EVERYONE makes it to the potty on time!

Guess I should be thankful...I got another week at home with my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment