Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So long summer!

Wow, its been a long time since I've posted!  What a crazy summer.  The kids barely had 6 weeks off, and we tried to squeeze in as much as we could.  Unfortunately, we had several deaths in the family.  Never a fun time.  We lost Mark's Grandmother, and my Dad and Grandfather (my mom's dad).  As much as I LOVE having my kids home with me for the summer, it was time to say goodbye to this dreadful summer (before we lost anyone else!) 

The kids are doing GREAT.  Mackenzie started 6th grade, which is now at the middle school, Callahan is in 4th, and Courtney is in 1st grade.  Their schools are very close, so I'm not spending as much time in the car this year!  And fortunately, I have 2 neighbors helping with the morning carpool for Mackenzie so that helps me out a lot. 



We did get some swimming in this summer and Tanner just LOVED it.  It's his thing.  He learned to swim underwater a bit...but LOVED jumping in and doing cannon balls.  This picture is him jumping over his Pa.    Mark and I were just reflecting and realized we're coming up on Tanner's one year surgery anniversary.  What a thought.  Such heart break, emotions, and stress to come full circle to watching this little boy do laps around us!  We have a check-up at UCSF the end of September, so we always look forward to checking in with our doctors and nurses and show off what an incredible job they did for Tanner. 

We did plant a garden too, with sunflowers peeking in my window each morning.  We also had TONS of zucchini squash, cucumbers, 2 pumpkins, and strawberries (that the birds ate!)


So I'm glad I've posted a few FUN pictures, makes me realized we DID have a fun summer despite all the deaths.  We just try our best to have fun as a family, and stay positive for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment