Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another UGH day

I wish I could be writing happy news. I am tired of blogging about depressing things! We keep hoping things will turn around...and hoping, and hoping! My day began at 5:30am...and then Mark and I had to keep Tanner distracted because he couldn't eat or drink until the 10:00 procedure that didn't begin until 12:30. We were pacing the hallways! The procedure only lasted an hour, and the surgeon didn't find anymore infection. In fact, the wound looked way better today than yesterday. But it did go pretty deep, so they put a sponge and suction over the top of the area to keep it clean. They also took cultures of the area so depending on the outcome will be the course of antibiotics (anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks). Then on Friday, the 2 surgeons will take off the suction and sponge and see how well the area has healed. They really think Tanner's body just hasn't had a chance to heal properly from all the surgeries! So we are back in the ICU for the night. Now, while we were in the family waiting room, the nurses went into our "step-down" space, took down all of Tanner's artwork we had been collecting on the walls, stripped his bed, and put all the rest of our personal belongings in a wagon and stored then in the nurses break room. When I asked the charge nurse why, she said someone was coming from the ICU...and I said what about Tanner tomorrow? She told me hopefully someone will be discharged. That just set me off! First of all, we were DOWN the hall and we could have moved ourselves...and obviously seniority means nothing! And I'm sick of everyone apologizing. We all are so sick of being here...its turning into a nightmare.

And my shoe broke...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Christina! I am so sorry. PLEASE call me when you are having these kink of days. I am here if you need to vent. Are you guys on week 7? I remember how lonely it be staying there and I always felt like I didn't want to call any of my friends because I felt like they must be sick of hearing me vent. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. Your friends (including me) are here to listen to you vent.
    Blessings,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete