Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hospital Perks

As I am enjoying the privacy of my own home...but missing my youngest son and husband terribly, I realize that there were some things I was missing about the hospital! I know, it sounds crazy...

*There is always toilet paper on the roll. Well...there was one time I went into a stall and whoops! No paper...no seat covers...nobody around...so I had to do a little shake and wiggle...and rush to the other stall. Lets not speak of it again.

*You get to use a fresh towel each shower and put it right into the dirty laundry that you DON'T HAVE TO WASH! Okay, maybe you have to use 4 towels when you are voluptuous like me...and it's good to remember to grab them from the linen closet...BUT you get a fresh one each shower!

*Your food tray is brought to your room and taken away an hour later. Well, it was really Tanner's food, but he graciously shared with me each meal. Especially the pineapple. I think it's what kept me healthy those 7 weeks. And one meal they thought he ate the croissant and went over his fat gram limit...but I ate it...thanks for taking one for the team, Mommy!

*There are no flies! No explanation needed...

But nothing beats HOME!

3 comments:

  1. yay! im sooooooo happy for you guys and cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you... I too actually missed things about the hospital. Grace was much younger so we were able to leave her from time to time and actually have some quiet time which is very rare at home. But I will take my crazy household over a hospital stay anytime. Still praying for you guys. Love & Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get together with you... Have so much to gab about! :)

    ReplyDelete