Friday, November 20, 2009

OMG...is this it?

Mark traded with me on Tuesday...he was physically exhausted from moving and I was emotionally exhausted from the hospital! I have been busy busy unpacking! But it sure is a lot easier than packing (and enjoyable!). Mark has spent the last few days running (yes, running!) Around behind Tanner....up and down the hallways and they have become regulars at the playroom! Here on the homefront, the kids have had minimum days due to parent/teacher conferences...so I've been back and forth to school each day. All the kids are doing very well...ESPECIALLY due to the circumstances...I'm so proud of them! Tanner's wound check was today...and FINALLY, it looks awesome! The surgeon was so confident, he took off the suction, no wet packing, and now the site ONLY has 2 loose stitches and a gauze covering! He actually told Mark he felt real bad Tanner was still in the hospital and they are working extremely hard to have him home BEFORE Thanksgiving! What a birthday present for me! I'm not celebrating until Tanner is home...and therefore, I am STILL 25! HeeHee! So the next step is arranging home care. A nurse will come to check-in with Tanner (wound and antibiotics) every other day...so that's great news! More to follow....

1 comment:

  1. I am still thinking of you guys. Glad to hear that it sounds like you guys will be home together for Thanksgiving.

    Let me know who your home health nurse is. Grace had a few different ones but our favorite was Nurse Jane from John Muir. I hope you get her.

    Call me when you get home and settled. I would love to treat you to a quick coffee/drink at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete