Saturday, September 26, 2009

Vampires...here we come!

Another tough night. Tanner's main IV went "bad" so they had to try to get a new one. Mind you, this is at midnight. I tried to warn them he's a VERY DIFFICULT poke...small veins and if he's dehydrated...the veins are even smaller! But they were very concerned getting in the protein medication. Well, of course, 2 different nurses tried to no avail...Tanner's crying...me too...they finally left him alone at 3 am. No biggy to the doctors today...they just started a different medication in the last IV site. Wish they had been there last night! AND they were trying in his foot! Come-on people! We want to encourage him to get out of bed! I think the nurse was poke happy...same one from the night before and I had AT LEAST 10 years on her. Good thing she's NOT back tonight! I was DONE with her! Today we have the same nurse, Beth, who's been here the last 2 days. Very nice, very respectful of TANNER"S needs and discomforts. I have enjoyed her. As I write this...half asleep...Tanner is sleeping comfortably on a wave of morphine (do they give them to the parents?) I'm thinking we're going to have to convert to Vampires...up at night and sleep during the day. Although, I'm not sleeping at all...so does that make me a zombie?

1 comment:

  1. poor mommy and tanner! that really sucks! esp the foot! OUCH! i hate the hand cant imagine the foot! im glad things are going good and the drains are fluid no blood. i worried when i saw second iv, but feel better now. Hugs and Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete