Friday, September 18, 2009

Why Me?


So I'm doing my "motherly duties" (taxi driver) and I pull into the school parking lot to pick up Mackenzie. Mind you, this is my 3rd time at school today; first to drop everyone off, second to pick up Courtney, wait in the heat to get Callahan, over to McDonald's for ice cream (it is FRIDAY afterall! AND it's a food group, right?) So we go back to get Mackenzie (trip 3) and when I pull into the parking lot, I chose the middle lane. Now, the rules are: the right lane is for parking (i.e. LEAVING your car), the middle lane is for idling (SITTING in car) and the left lane is for driving thru. So I'm sitting in the middle lane, and a sheriff officer pulls up behind me with red lights flashing. I see him look up, look down, look up...and OH SHIT! When he FINALLY walks up to my window, he tells me I can't "park" in the middle lane. I looked mighty confused and he tells me when I shifted into "park", I parked. Confused again, he hands me the "ticket" (as seen above) and tells me it's the last day for warnings. I thank him, still confused, and he goes back to his car and drives off. So, I'm thinking maybe the problem is I'm "parked" over the NO PARKING painted on the asphalt. So I back up and leave it in drive while I'm waiting.

GUESS WHAT? HE PULLS AROUND AGAIN! He pulls up to my window, throws his arms out, shakes his head, and says "I NEED you to find a parking spot!" Now I pissed. Doesn't this guy know not to miss with a mom on Friday afternoon, after 2 hours in the car, and about ready to spend weeks in the hospital with her baby???? I tell him nicely, "I'm not in park, and the principal says we can park here!" He then asks where the principal is and I point out the office, he pulls in and struts into the office.
Now, the parking lot is filling up with parents, so he comes strutting out a few minutes later and says, "Where is the principal? He's not in there...How did he tell you that you could park here?" I said, "It's in the newsletter!" He said, "Well, I confirmed your story, and you CAN idle here, can't leave your car unattended. The school is the one calling us to enforce this. Have a nice afternoon!"
WTH! What a way to start the weekend...At least I get to go to BUNKO tonight. Gonna drown my sorrows....

No comments:

Post a Comment