Tuesday, October 13, 2009

He's Out!

Tanner the Trooper made it through! Although I haven't heard from Dr. Azakai yet, I think he probably went home to bed, Tanner's out of surgery and doing great. He came out with 2 drains....and yucky RED fluid. Heart rate is lower and he's now sleeping comfortably with morphine. Our night nurse is familiar, she's taken care of Tanner quite a few nights previously, so it's good to have her watching him tonight. It's a full house tonight ... probably not few zzzz's to be had by me. Tanner's been very thirsty...trying to keep the water and ice chips going in slowly to avoid "spitting up". Going to be a long night...

Oh yeah...forgot to mention I had dinner in the bathroom tonight. Why, do you ask? Well I had run downstairs to get a chicken/mushroom quasadia and when I returned is when the doctors hit me with the "new procedure". Tanner had to now be NPO (nothing by mouth) but I was STARVING. So I headed out to the waiting room, but it was PACKED and I needed to be ALONE because I was sad about another drain...so I found the next best thing...the restroom! It was quiet, let me assure you! I let down the diaper changer, set up my Diet Coke, and chowed down! Not the ideal ambiance, but it did in a pinch! Ah, life in a hospital!

1 comment: